…make lemonade! I remember buying a greeting card that said that when I found out a family friend had cancer. The line stuck with me.
This last week has been a bit difficult, but has also had its positives. I think that being together with family so much this last week has helped us cope, share memories, find some comic relief here and there, and band together to be productive and face what lies ahead.
I’ve been up and down each day, but feel best when I’m helping to do something toward my grandma’s estate and settling her affairs. Since I’m a financial planner I naturally dove in to help the family put together a list of accounts, to-dos, etc., and begin taking action. My grandma had a great estate attorney and accounting firm who are getting all the legal and tax ducks in a row, but all the other stuff is rather daunting to my dad and his siblings. But, alas, I quite enjoy it. Financial geekery, ahoy!
The last week has been filled with especially bad eating and no exercise. Y’all get a gallery since I’m too lazy and tired to individually insert all of the pics. But here are some highlights, per my usual m.o.:
- Pizza three times for dinner, plus a few days of having leftovers for lunch. Oy. vey.
- Dessert, dessert, dessert!
- Mexican food for like 3 nights in a row. E-gads!
- Hardly any fruit and fresh veg 😦 And I can feel it 😦
- The frickin’ heat here is INSANE. It’s been well over 100 the last few days. Tomorrow is supposed to be over 100 again. Then we’ll “cool down” into the upper 80’s this weekend. Amen for the A/C!!
- The Powerball jackpot is $102M, and I bought a $4 ticket. And no, I do not condone this activity!
- I visited the cemetary where my grandparents have their names on a remembrance wall. It was a beautiful, peaceful evening, and I am glad I went.
- On Thursday I get to see Erin!! Yayaya! I’ve missed her so!
Hope you’re all having a good week. I’m ready for it to be over. Tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday I’m helping my mom finish packing, move to her new place, and clean out her old place. Should be a disgustingly hot and sweaty endeavor. If I survive I’ll be back soon to tell you all about it, I’m sure 😉